I truly believe that everything that we do and everyone that we meet is put in our path for a purpose. There are no accidents if we rearrange our mindset, we’re all teachers, if we’re willing to pay attention to the lessons we learn, trust our positive instincts and not be afraid to take risks or wait for some miracle to come knocking at our door, Work hard for what you want because it won’t come to you without a fight. You have to be strong and courageous and know that you can do anything you engage your mind into.
If somebody puts you down or criticizes you, just keep on believing in yourself and turn it into something positive, I always like to look on the optimistic side of life, but I am realistic enough to know that life is a complex matter.
The power of remaining positive, whatever the situation, can never be underestimated. We are all here for a limited period of time, is it worth it to spend any of that time in a dismal mood? Being negative?
The true test of an individual to remain positive is when challenges become difficult. Remaining positive keeps one’s mind in the right state of balance and often opens resolutions to the problems at hand. Negativity is contagious; not only does it affect the individual, but it spreads to anyone they interact with. When only the negative perspective is in focus, the resolution process is impeded.
Eliminating negativity, or rather, being positive is a mindset that can be found at any moment, and turned into a habit. Here are some tips that can help you in shifting your mindset:
1. Thoughts – Be conscious of your thoughts. Especially, when life just isn’t going your way. The moment you see that you are diving into frustration, agony, sorrow and low self-esteem – shift your thoughts because what makes us different from other mammals is our ability to control our thoughts and think for ourselves.
2. Find the Lesson Out Of It– There is a lesson to be learned from every situation. No matter how unfortunate the situation may appear, Some lessons are expensive
3. Attitude of Gratitude – You cannot be both angry and grateful at the same time. Start counting the blessings and miracles in your life, God has done so much but you have refuse to see that side
4. Visualize – Practice seeing yourself in a positive and confident light. (examples; A positive statements about yourself and your self image being successful) see 30 years from now and how great you are
5. Memorize – Keep an inventory of memories that can immediately make you smile.
6. Critics – Change your approach and attitude. Stop criticizing others and situations. Shift from fault-finding to appreciation-finding.
Sometimes we think it’s our genes that make us the kind of person we are. However, that’s not the whole story. Often we are so preoccupied with the status quo that we forget we have the power to become the person we want to be.