There are a lot of things that can destroy even the strongest willed man’s motivation, and the greatest tragedy in life is not tempest or death, but inability to know what you want. Knowing what you want and gaining motivation to do it gives the champion on the inside of you a wings to fly without limitation
It is virtually impossible to complete something successfully unless you’re motivated enough to do it. Instead, you will be dragging yourself. Motivation is very hard to achieve and very easy to lose. Your negative attitude towards everything is enough to tear your motivation apart. We become the character we play! And here is how
- Not having goals. You can’t reach your goals if you don’t know what they are. What do you actually want in life?
- Choosing goals that don’t inspire you. You won’t be able to keep on going if the prize at the end doesn’t really matter to you.
- Expecting immediate results. Anything worthwhile is a battle and a struggle. I encourage you to be a warrior. It takes times and effort to bring about a change.
- Lack of support. We all need someone to believe in us and to be our cheerleader when we start to feel discouraged. That is why you don’t need everybody as friend, we need friends who will push us up, make our life better than we meet them, not those who will talk us down (drainers)
- Not believing in yourself. Divine-Royalty said, fear of what others may say is the reason for your ordinariness. We may think calling ourselves lazy is simply throwaway comment. We say it all the time believing that no harm is done. But there is harm done . Whether you think you can, or you think you can’t, you’re right.
- Feeling bored. Most success involves a lot of humdrum work, and repeatedly doing the same kind of stuff. But each day brings you closer to achieving what you want.
- Inaction and laziness. You have to work the plan before the plan will work, and dreams are only dream till you turn your thoughts to actions. Also, it’s crucially important that you manage your time well, and you don’t get distracted or procrastinate.
- Being around negative people. There are plenty of people who only see the flaws, and whose eyes are on the problems, and the absence of solutions. If you hang out with them, you will lose your zest and passion, and your positive outlook will soon be undermined.
- Comparing yourself to others. We each are individuals, and we start from different places; we all face our challenges, and work at different rates. Remember “it’s your journey”. Be patient with yourself.
- Encountering setbacks. No matter how great your plans, or your level of commitment, you’re bound to face some setbacks and encounter obstacles. That’s a normal part of growth – just keep going when life’s tough.